Friday 7 January 2011

Weirdly Wise Capricorns ~ Quotable Goats

With the Sun in Capricorn, here are a few words from some well known goats....I'm not surprised to see a good number of eccentric and controversial figures among them, but then as a Capricorn myself, I never like to miss an opportunity to overturn the image of Capricorn as traditional and rule bound! Enjoy! Oh and the quotes also reflect their Moon sign...

This American system of ours, call it Americanism, call it capitalism, call it what you will, gives each and every one of us a great opportunity if we only seize it with both hands and make the most of it.
Al Capone, Gangster, Sun Capricorn, Moon Aries
Other Capricorns with Moon in Aries: E.M. Forster; Patti Smith; Diane von Furstenburg; Jon Voight


I still feel like I gotta prove something. There are a lot of people hoping I fail. But I like that. I need to be hated.
Howard Stern, Shock-Jock/Chat Show Host, Sun Capricorn, Moon Taurus
Other Capricorns with Moon in Taurus: Linda Lovelace; Isaac Asimov; Danny Kaye; Graham Chapman


People need motivation to do anything. I don't think human beings learn anything without desperation.
Jim Carrey, Actor/Comedian, Sun Capricorn, Moon Gemini
Other Capricorns with Moon in Gemini: Louis Pasteur; Rudyard Kipling; Joan Baez; Johannes Kepler


Audiences like their blues singers to be miserable.
Janis Joplin, Singer, Sun Capricorn, Moon Cancer
Other Capricorns with Moon in Cancer: Mary Tyler Moore; Michael Schumacher, Robert Duvall; Kate Middleton


I think it all comes back to being very selfish as an artist. I mean, I really do just write and record what interests me and I do approach the stage shows in much the same way.
David Bowie, Singer, Sun Capricorn, Moon Leo
Other Capricorns with Moon in Leo: Faye Dunaway; Marilyn Manson; Jack London; Marlene Dietrich


The way I see it, if you want the rainbow, you gotta put up with the rain.
Dolly Parton, Singer, Sun Capricorn, Moon Virgo
Other Capricorns with Moon in Virgo: Aristotle Onassis, Susan Sontag; Stephen Hawking; Maggie Smith


All you owe the public is a good performance.
Humphrey Bogart, Actor, Sun Capricorn, Moon Libra
Other Capricorns with Moon in Libra: Mel Gibson; Nicolas Cage; ; Joan of Arc


I think men are afraid to be with a successful woman, because we are terribly strong, we know what we want and we are not fragile enough.
Shirley Bassey, Singer, Sun Capricorn, Moon Scorpio
Other Capricorns with Moon in Scorpio: Henry Miller; Orlando Bloom; Rod Stewart; Kate Moss


I stopped living according to my core values. I knew what I was doing was wrong but thought only about myself and thought I could get away with whatever I wanted to.
Tiger Woods, Golfer, Sun Capricorn, Moon Sagittarius
Other Capricorns with Moon in Sagittarius: Kahlil Gibran; Howard Hughes; Umberto Eco; Anthony Hopkins


Over the years, I was never really driven to become a solo artist, but I was curious to find out who I was as an individual creative person. It's taken some time, but now I feel I've truly paid my dues. I guess I'm at a point now where I'm more comfortable in my own skin.
Annie Lennox, Singer, Sun Capricorn, Moon Capricorn
Other Capricorns with Moon in Capricorn: Tracey Ullman; A. A. Milne


The young always have the same problem - how to rebel and conform at the same time. They have now solved this by defying their parents and copying one another.
Quentin Crisp, Writer, Sun Capricorn, Moon Aquarius
Other Capricorns with Moon in Aquarius: Cary Grant; Diane Keaton; Denzel Washington; Muhammad Ali and ME!


I have a dream that my four little children will one day live in a nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin, but by the content of their character.
Martin Luther King Jr, Sun Capricorn, Moon Pisces
Other Capricorns with Moon in Pisces: Elvis Presley; Benjamin Franklin; J R R Tolkien; Michael Stipe; Simone de Beauvoir


With love,
Mandi
http://www.mandilockley.com/ 

3 comments:

  Important Update   I have now moved my content to YouTube & you can view my channel,  On Purpose Astrology, by clicking on this link  ...