Earlier today, I wrote on Facebook and Instagram:
"With Mars, the planet of sport and competition, retrograde in Aquarius, the sign of teams, the World Cup tournament could get very interesting. Think reversals of fortune, injuries, red cards, conflicts between and within teams and with Uranus Square Mars, perhaps shocking losses and surprise wins."
Hopefully teams and fans alike will take the high road and celebrate the passion and brotherhood of football, the beautiful game?
And seven hours later we've just witnessed the shock exit of reigning champions Germany. As the commentator said "they were heroes and now they're just men."
This is a huge turnabout as Mars goes retrograde in Aquarius today - sporting heroes have become as common men - reflecting that Aquarius is about the common man - the humbling of the heroes made by Aquarius opposite sign Leo
But how can us already common folk us Mars is Retrograde in Aquarius / Capricorn?
A few ideas...
- Re-group, relax, refresh
- Tie up loose ends
- Exercise patience
- Consider, where are you wasting your energy? How can you be more efficient?
- Contemplate where in your life you are competing with others and reconsider what are you trying to achieve?
- Analyse your desires
- Cooperation over combativeness
- Remember you don’t have to be superman / superwoman, you don’t need to do everything yourself…
- …Nor should you Lord it over others and expect them to do everything for you (you might especially be reminded of this when Mercury is Retrograde in Leo 27th July to 20th August)
- Asking for help if you need it and/or helping others
- Learn to be a team member
- Roll with the punches
- Take actions that benefit the team / the wider group / society as a whole
- Are you fighting for a good cause or just for the sake of the fight?
- The warrior in retreat, waiting patiently until the time is right
- The humbling of heroes
- Planning and strategizing is better than acting/reacting/initiating
- Thinking about what angers and frustrates you and asking yourself why. Anger/irritability is often is a sign your boundaries have been crossed. Do you need to reassert some of your boundaries and/or do you need to let some resentments go? Remember, Saturn, planet of boundaries is the traditional ruler of Aquarius and the ruler of Capricorn, the sign Mars retrogrades back into before turning around
· When Mars goes back into Capricorn, look back to mid-March through Mid-May when Mars was first in Capricorn for recurring themes in your life. Where do you need to restructure/reassert/restore/go easier on yourself and others?
Mars Retrograde Dates and Degrees
· 1. Mars turns Retrograde at 9Aquarius13 on 27th June 2018
· 2. Mars Retrogrades back into Capricorn on 13th August 2018
· 3. Mars turns Direct at 28Capricorn36 on 28th August (and into the ‘Shadow’ period where it goes forward through the degrees it has just retrograded through)
· 4. Mars emerges out of its Shadow period – at 9Aquarius13 on 8th October 2018
· 5. Mercury also Retrograde 27th July at 23Leo25 turning around at 20th August at 11Leo35 (emerging from its Shadow 2nd September)